The Johnsons

The Johnsons

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New News

Nope again not what you think. I love starting to tell people this... "I don't know if I should tell you yet because no one else really knows." It without fail ended with a "are you pregnant?" from people. Ha ha. Nope, not for a while.

Well I said it that way because I had only talked to the Bishop and told Tyler but now that I'm set apart...

(drum roll)...I am the new Country Park 1st ward MiaMaid and Beehive Advisor. (scream) yikes! What a surprise. I told Bishop that I hadn't even been off the radar that much. I was released from being a Nursery leader at the end of August and just barely recieved my new calling, so almost 2 months. I guess that's good. I just didn't know what I'd be called to do. They totally reorganized the YW program. Not to mention I am the youngest leader of the group, being only 6-7 years older than the Laurel's, and 10 years older than my oldest girls. Which is still quite an age gap but only a fraction than that of the other leaders and the girls.

Bishop told me that it'd be my Sunday's and Wednesday nights. At first I was like oh, but I got used to the idea. Then I went home and told Tyler and he was like, yeah and don't forget Girls Camp. And I was like oh crap-again. Then last sunday Rosalyn told me, yeah and Youth Conference. Oh man it never ends. How could I forget about all of this, when I've been the one there most recently.

The more I think about it or look over everything the more comforted I get. At first it was really scary and a lot to take in. But I've had a lot of reassurances. We'll see how this sunday goes when I teach them. At least it's not sunday school, those boys are difficult, I think just teaching girls will be tons better for me.

All I know is that there is a lot of work to be done. I barely know who these girls are. I have a lot to learn about them and what is going on in the program in the ward. I'm still a little shell shocked and we all still feel a little overwhelmed.

2 comments:

  1. You'll do great Nikki. YW is super fun and the girls will love you. Don't be nervous just teach from your heart and the Spirit will do the rest. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what? I am a YW advisor as well. I was called a few months ago...BIG surprise and shock for me too! I must admit that I am loving it. Like Kendra said, you will be awesome and I know the girls are going to love your cute personality. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete