The Johnsons

The Johnsons

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Year in Review...

I guess that's where we're at this time around. It's been almost a year and SO much has happened.


First, I'm done with my first year of Dental Hygiene with one more to go. I am taking 2 classes this summer to help me get my Bachelor's degree a little sooner. I plan on taking a couple extra classes this Fall and next Spring to help that too. I'll graduate with my Associate's next Spring and with 2 final classes in the Fall of '13 (including an internship), I'll be able to get my Bachelor's degree Fall of '13. Needless to say I am so excited as to how things are progressing with school. Not to mention Tyler will finally be done this December with his Bachelor's. Wahoo!!! And we are hoping to celebrate for the both of us after the Spring semester.


Second, after our trip to Montana over the 4th of July 2011. Tyler and I decided it was time to add a third "little" person to our family. It didn't take long and on Sat. Sept 17, 2011 I took my pregnancy test and showed Tyler that I was indeed pregnant. It was surreal, as is the whole process, but we were really excited. I do feel blessed that it was a good pregnancy for me especially since it was my first year of Dental Hygiene. I had a little bit of nausea at the beginning for a couple weeks, but not much. I'm just glad I was able to do really well in school while carrying our little one. It was definately perfect timing. My right hand, the hand I use instruments in, started going numb my last week of clinic. Luckily, I had a month to prepare for our baby after school had finished. We found out Dec, 18th that we were having a BOY. At this time my family knew but Tyler's did not. He wanted to wait and tell them when we went to AZ at the first of the year. Well he decided to cave in a little bit and tell them Christmas eve that we were pregnant and then he told his mom on Christmas that we were having a boy. He insists that he likes knowing something that no one else knows, especially if it's good/fun news. What a punk! It was so hard for me to keep it in, since it's exciting news. Thus, the other reason for not "blogging" but I wanted to so bad-about this. On Jan 3, just before our trip to AZ my mom and Linda came to my "official" Ultrasound appt.-since Tyler already was at the one with our Dr. and he already knew the gender.


I really thought we were having a girl and we had so many names picked out. So when we found out we were having a boy, which I was still really excited about since I've always wanted to have a boy first, it took us a while to even agree on names, let alone names we even liked at all.


Around Christmas time, my sister, Steffanie found out she was pregnant and come to find out it's going to be a little girl (we're all excited especially my only niece) and she is due Aug 23, 2012, three months after me, just like she was due with her first 3 months after my other sister. It's nice that even though the grandkids aren't all around the same age, at least there are a few.


I'm just glad I have one more year of school left. It's kind of hard to think about leaving him to someone's care, but we know someone who we can trust and I think that will make it a little easier for me to leave him for school 4 days a week. Also, I was counting how much longer of school I have and it's really only 15 weeks each semester so 30 total and I'm done. It's really not that long. I know I will have to remind myself of that during those semesters since they'll seem like an eternity when I'm in them, trying to find patients, doing homework assignments, studying for tests, especially my boards. Yikes! That scares me, but in a year from now I'll be done with all that added stress and hopefully I'll have my license. Wahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment