The Johnsons

The Johnsons

Sunday, March 20, 2011

ACCEPTED!!!

I do have to say that this week has been very eventful. From the birth of the newest nephew to getting accepted to UVU's Dental Hygiene program 2011. I received a rejection letter from Weber, which was disappointing but kind of expected. They do accept 30 students a year and that's 16 more than UVU, but Weber had the essay which was the main factor and the one I worried about the most.
UVU though, it was a numbers game with them. They give points based on your grades and scores of Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry, your ACT, and the HOAT (health occupations aptitude test).  Well I got an A in Anatomy and Physio. My ACT was a 27, which was better. I did extremely well on the Hoat and my only concern was my B+ in Chem.  So I felt pretty good until I realize that they do only accept 14 students a year and what if someone beat me into the program by a couple points. Oye! The only comfort I had for being accepted was that their response didn't come at the same time my rejection letter came last year, which was the beginning of March. The anticipation was killing me and I just wanted to know.
Now, I'm just excited to start my journey, mainly so I can finish, and finally accomplish something that I've been dreaming/planning to do for a while. I now have that opportunity. 
Thank you UVU-DH!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog when I googled "is it hard to get into UVU dental hygiene" (random, I know, LOL!) and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me asking you some questions about applying? I live in Mesa, AZ and am in process of finishing my prereq's for the program here at MCC and I just had this prompting to look into UVU's program. Turns out they have way fewer pre req requirements (which I have already completed, plus some!) and their isn't necessarily a waiting list! (MCC is 2 years, lame!) Anyway, I have all A's except I do have a b+ in chemistry (at least think that will be the grade...they divide it here at Rio Salado, so my lecture class with 3 credits is a B+ and my lab is an A+...??) Anyway, I am planning on taking my SAT/ACT again (I haven't taken them since my senior year in 2001) and obviously taking my HOAT a couple of times. Do you mind me asking what you think I should shoot for as far as scores go so that I can have a good shot at getting accepted for fall 2014? These are a lot of questions, and if you feel like emailing me that would be totally great! My email address is brianne snow 04 at gmail dot com. Thanks so much for any help you can give me! And congratulations, you are probably done now, huh? So exciting!

    ReplyDelete